Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Believe In Essay...

What do I believe in? I believe in my two older sisters, Kelli and Mary Vance. Of course everyone with siblings would say “oh yeah I believe in my older brother or sister” without thinking twice about it, but I have a reason why I say my older siblings. Some older siblings think their younger brother or sister are annoying and want them to leave them alone, but Kelli and Mary Vance love me and always want me around. Kelli and Mary Vance are twelve and nine years older than me and moved out when I was young so the age difference might have something to do with it. The amount of love they give me is both equal yet different.

Kelli!

            Kelli is the oldest and moved out when I was seven. She is the smartest and wisest person I know and a great friend to have around. Her being the oldest makes her have the experiences that make her wise. Whenever I have trouble with school and homework or have a question with what I should do that’s best for me, she’s there to straighten things out and her answer is usually not wrong. Kelli and I share a special side. Some may say psychotic, we say fun. We love: watching ghost stories and documentaries (even though they freak me out), taking pictures, and eating holiday food. She understands me in a way none of my friends can or anyone else in my family. Kelli is married and her husband is just like her so we get along pretty well. I have a good relationship with my sister because I don’t hear any of my friends talk about their siblings like that. I don’t know what I would do without her; she’s honestly my one third, and that’s why I believe in her.

Mary Vance!

            Mary Vance on the other hand moved out a few years ago so we did get on each other’s nerves and yelled a lot, but she is the funniest and cutest thing ever! She can say something really obvious and crack me up (she has a lot of blonde moments). She is only 5’3” and really bubbly, I just want to stuff her in my pocket. She is more of the motherly controlling sister and I get mad at her for it but she is just looking after me and my future. Mary Vance only lives a few blocks away so whenever she isn’t busy with her job she can always help me understand my school work better. Whenever we hangout we like to shop, go to the beach or pool, and watch Disney princess movies. Mary Vance is not married yet but she has a boyfriend and I think we’re getting close to wedding bells soon. I can’t really describe my relationship with Mary Vance. It’s a regular sister bond but with splotches of our own craziness. It would be weird without her because I would only have two thirds of myself. For that, I believe in her.
            They love spending time with me, both individually and all three of us together. It’s so much fun when it’s just me, Mary Vance, and Kelli. It’s like the Bartolo girls go crazy when we’re with each other. They know how to make me laugh, they know how to make things easier, and they know how to connect with me. They relieve my stress and I have such an amazing time with them. We go to the movies, the mall, and each other’s houses. What I like about that is every time we hang out, we learn a little bit more about each other. Yes, it is possible.
 Kelli and Mary Vance are the best human beings on this earth. When we’re all together I feel like nothing bad is happening in the world. No conflict with friends, no troubles in school, no worries at all. That’s what a sister relationship is. When I can be at my lowest, ready to break and Kelli and Mary Vance still brighten my day. I thank them for that. I may not show it, I may not say it, but I do thank them for it and I hope they know it. I’m a whole when I am with them and it makes me complete. That is why I believe in them. It’s because I trust them with everything.   

Mary Vance (left), me, Kelli (right)


No comments:

Post a Comment